1. Toss lamb in flour; shake away excess. Heat oil in large saucepan; cook lamb, in batches, until browned. Remove from pan.
2. Add onion and carrot to pan; cook, stirring, until soft. Add garlic and spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return lamb to pan with stock; simmer, covered, 1 1/2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
4. Simmer lamb, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until tender and sauce is thickened. Stir in dates, honey and coriander; season to taste.
5. Spoon mixture into eight 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes. Brush each pastry sheet with butter, scrunch and place over filling. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until browned.
6. HARISSA YOGURT: Meanwhile, combine yogurt and half the harissa in small bowl. Serve topped with remaining harissa.
7. Serve pies with Harissa Yogurt.
Lamb filling suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
Video: The Weekly's Assistant Food Editor Xanthe Roberts cooks Moroccan-style lamb pies with Kerri-Anne.