Photography by Brett Stevens. Styling by Matt Page.
2/3 cup (220g) bottled fruit mince
2 tablespoons brandy
180g butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup (220g) brown sugar
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
1/2 cup (60g) almond meal
1/2 cup (95g) white Choc Bits
11/4 cups (100g) flaked almonds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 20cm square cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper.
2. Combine the fruit mince and brandy in a small bowl.
3. Beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale. Add the eggs and beat until combined, then add the flours, almond meal and salt; beat on low speed until well combined.
4. Stir in the fruit mince mixture, chocolate and half of the flaked almonds. Spread into the prepared pan; sprinkle with the remaining almonds.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with a few crumbs but not wet. Allow to cool in pan. Turn out, cut into squares.
6. Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.