Get the look: Kate Winslet's retro glamour curls
Sometimes on the red carpet a dress takes second place to a hair style. Proving that she is comfortable with that was Kate Winslet at this week's Academy Awards. Her outfit was not a favorite among many fashionistas, but her romantic hair style was a winner with us.
We love Kate Winslet’s glorious nod to old Hollywood with soft waves pulled seductively over one shoulder.
To get the look we asked hairstylist extraordinaire Dario Cotroneo to show us how to get the look using MYCURL.
- Start by parting on your left side from the hair line to the crown and tying your hair into a low ponytail above the back hairline. Divide the ponytail in to three sections.
- Spray Goldwell Styling Dynamic Loop onto one section of hair and roll in a MYCURL, rolling it under. Secure the first strap around the mid lengths and then continue rolling the MYCURL in, securing the second strap at the root area.
- Clamp your straightening irons over the MYCURL for 5 seconds.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with the remaining sections, this time rolling hair in an upward direction.
- Allow the hair to cool down for 15 minutes. While hair is cooling, spray hairspray onto a make-up brush and glide down over the top area to remove any frizz as well as lifting the fringe to create the illusion of height.
In pictures: Kate Winslet's style
- After hair has cooled, remove all MYCURLs and ponytail followed and brushing through your MYCURLED hair.
- Apply Silk Sheen gloss spray by KMS to the ends and secure style with hairspray
- Then bring hair forward over one shoulder.
Finish off you look with a beaming smile and you’re ready for the big time!
Your say: Who had the best hair at this years Oscar’s? Will you try this hair style? Let us know how you go!
Want more beauty?
Check out the first week of webisodes from Cleo's Make Me A Make-up Artist finalists.